Wednesday, November 26, 2014

IVF and Gratitude

Hey everyone!  Many of you have become so invested in our story of infertility and we appreciate all of you love, support and prayers.  All your comments on Facebook and Instagram were so kind but I quickly realized that I had made a mistake posting this picture along with UFC+D&M+IVF=BFP:


So...let's back up.  For those who don't know what this means, Utah Fertility Center+Dallin & Michelle+In-Vitro Fertilization=Big Fat Positive.

We started getting congratulations and I thought everyone was congratulating us on starting the IVF process.  NOPE.  You were congratulating me on being pregnant, but I'm not pregnant.  Sorry to burst your bubble!  But this is our ultimate hope.  

To clarify, I'm NOT pregnant.

Not even a little.

Never have been pregnant and it's gonna take a heckuvalotta work to get there.  

But none-the-less, THANK YOU for your congratulations!

We are thrilled to begin IVF and also nervous, terrified, grateful, excited and 
hopeful all at the same time.

LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!  

I know many of you might be wondering what exactly IVF is so I wanted to share a video I found that explains it better than I could tell you about it.  You will also hear the words "ICSI" {pronounced ix-ee}.  That is an additional procedure that we will need to do to help us be as successful as possible. 


We are hopeful that our family can grow with this process!  Someone asked if I was excited to start IVF...my answer?

Yes. And No.  

While we are blessed to live in a time that we have the opportunity to have our own biological children I am not sure that anyone would be excited to do this procedure while spending thousands and thousands of dollars when we "should" be able to do this for FREE! *wink wink*

What I am feeling is gratitude.

Excited doesn't really explain my feelings very well but incredibly blessed and so grateful for the technologies available, our Dr...oh, our Dr.!  {That is for another post.} for our friends and family, for the many many prayers said in our behalf and most of all for our Father in Heaven who has blessed my life with more than I could imagine.   

Have we not reason to be filled with gratitude, regardless of the circumstances in which we find ourselves? 
When we are grateful to God in our circumstances, we can experience gentle peace in the midst of tribulation. In grief, we can still lift up our hearts in praise. In pain, we can glory in Christ’s Atonement. In the cold of bitter sorrow, we can experience the closeness and warmth of heaven’s embrace.
We sometimes think that being grateful is what we do after our problems are solved, but how terribly shortsighted that is. How much of life do we miss by waiting to see the rainbow before thanking God that there is rain?
Being grateful in times of distress does not mean that we are pleased with our circumstances. It does mean that through the eyes of faith we look beyond our present-day challenges.
This is not a gratitude of the lips but of the soul. It is a gratitude that heals the heart and expands the mind.
-Pres. Uchtdorf


3 comments :

  1. I am so proud to be your Mom! Couldn't have asked for any better. You are one of my life heroes. P + H + PT = L4U2 (Translated that means Prayers and Hugs and Positive Thoughts Means Love For You Two :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update shells! You are awesome. Thinking of you often.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just happened upon your bog through instagram and although i do not know you I so wanted to wish you luck! From one fertility warrior to another i truly know how hard it is to stay hopeful and positive sometimes. Sending prayers your way.i love dr. Conway you are in the best hands :)

    ReplyDelete