Wednesday, September 3, 2014

On my birthday...

Aug 15, 2014
Today is my 30th birthday and here I sit with my sweet husband and we fly to Hawaii.  It has been a dream of mine to go to Hawaii and we are blessed to do it.  I am feeling grateful that Dallin is so willing to help my dream come true, he truly is the best husband for me.  While this is not my ultimate dream to be going to Hawaii it is a wonderful dream come true none the less.  Many people have expressed their jealousy of us going to Hawaii together  and I would probably be jealous too if it were not my circumstance however one of the main things I have learned through life is that it is not fair.  I was always the fairness monitor growing up and nothing seemed to ever be fair.  How grateful I am to my mom for raising me with  an understanding that life is not fair.  It is a bit ironic that I was the monitor in my family and now here I sit, 30 years old and still have to be reminded that life is not fair.

My ultimate dream is to have and raise a family. While that dream has not come true in my life I have decided to live my life to its fullest.  Do I get frustrated, upset  and even angry? Yes, I do.  Do I question, lose faith and wonder if "it" will work out? Yes.  But when I truly remember all that has been given to me and the amazing blessings that I have received I cannot disregard my faith, I must press forward knowing that my Heavenly Father loves me and that his plan for Dallin and I is the one he intended for us to have.  Pres. Hinckley said "Life is to be enjoyed not just endured." And that is what we are doing...enjoying.  Enjoying the time we have together just me and him, making memories and cherishing those memories!

I am blessed.  I have Dallin, I have the best family I could ask for and I have amazing friends all encouraging me to hold on...to press on.

No comments :

Post a Comment